Powered By Blogger

четверг, 9 апреля 2015 г.

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy: I'm taking your questions

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy: I'm taking your questions


Hi, everyone --

I'm the Surgeon General of the United States -- which means it's my job to keep America healthy by providing you with the best scientific information available about your health.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to meet with President Obama, EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy and health care professionals to discuss climate change. We talked about the impact of climate change on public health and the importance of prevention.

Clearly, we all have a stake in our national and global health. Every single one of us stands to benefit from a public health system that is focused on wellness and prevention -- not one that simply focuses on treating sickness and disease.

So as part of National Public Health Week, I'm taking your questions. If you're on Twitter, and you've got a question about the impact of climate change on health -- or any other public health topic -- shoot it my way using the hashtag #AskTheSurgeonGeneral.

I'll be answering your questions via video throughout the afternoon tomorrow from my Twitter account, @Surgeon_General.

Every one of us wants to do what we can to protect the health of our families, including the health of our grandchildren and future generations. That starts with being informed about how we can keep ourselves, and one another, healthy -- particularly in the face of a changing climate.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say. Stay healthy, America.

 VM U.S.

Surgeon General Vivek Murthy @Surgeon_General

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий